Brazilian Keratin Treatment
. . . a revolutionary process that softens, shines, and straightens hair.
The Brazilian Keratin Treatment System is…
- Quick – It is much easier to schedule for you and your customers. On average, the treatment takes one stylist only two hours.
- Affordable – It brings the price of silky straight hair to a reasonable level, expanding your customer-base while remaining an upscale process.
- Universal – It can be used on dyed or highlighted hair. In fact, it can be used on any type of hair.
- Gentle – It is NOT meant to be permanent and it DOES require redoing approximately every 3 months. That is why you can leave it on the client’s hair and walk away if you have to. That is why you can use it on children. That is why it blends with the natural growth of hair.
- Natural – It does NOT use strong chemicals to open and close the hair cuticle in an effort to straighten it, “breaking the bones” of the hair shaft. Keratin is a natural substance which comprises approximately 88% of your hair.
- Healthy – It penetrates the hair repairing internal damage and coats the hair preventing further damage. The results are SOFT, SHINY, STRAIGHT hair.
- Easy – Begin with a shampoo designed to open the cuticle. Saturate the hair with the product (an average of 3 ounces). Blow dry. Iron small bunches of hair close to the scalp with a lower heat. Iron the entire head with a high heat to seal in the keratin.
- Simple – Do NOT wet, wash or put anything into the hair for FOUR days. After that shampoo and condition with any product NOT containing sodium chloride, which strips the keratin from the hair.
Simply Amazing – The results speak for themselves. As one client said: “I’m so happy I don’t need my therapist anymore!”· Good for anyone who has hair.
Keratin treatment by Guys and Dolls Hair Salon in Fort Lauderdale
What is it…
Keratin is a type of protein high in sulphur and the amino acid cystine, making it tough, elastic and insoluble. These qualities are fundamental to the strong structural role keratin often plays in nature.
It is a major component of horns, hooves and wool. In fact, keratin is the main protective substance in our hair, skin and nails.
Keratin is difficult to extract without damaging the cystine, or sacrificing potency. But Keratec® has discovered how to do this in a gentle, patented process.
Our keratins are derived from pure wool harvested from New Zealand sheep. The wool comes from an agricultural sector guaranteed to be free from BSE and other disease-related substances present in other parts of the world. No animals are harmed throughout the Keratec® process.
How Does it Work…
When it comes to keratin, tough is good. Its strong protective qualities improve the hair both inside and out. Our unique biopolymer ingredient is virtually a “liquid form of hair” that gently blends with the hair on your head. It brings to hair what it was lacking to begin with and what it has lost over the years.
Is the hair dull dry and damaged? Is it curly, wavy, frizzy, overly voluminous or unmanageable? Application of our keratin treatment puts an end to all that.
The smaller keratin molecules penetrate the hair cortex improving and repairing the quality of the hair from the inside. The added strength, elasticity and moisture result in the smooth, soft, shiny and straightened effect.
The larger molecules coat the hair cuticle and take the environmental insults such as UV rays, smog, and smoke for your hair on the outside. Further damage to the hair shaft is prevented.
F A Q – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you do the Brazilian keratin treatment over Japanese straightening?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any kind of straightening.
2. Is this treatment a relaxer ?
No. It is a treatment based of keratin that naturally straightens your hair.
3. Can you do the treatment after coloring?
Yes. For better results we recommend only after you color your hair.
4. Can you do the keratin treatment on top of relaxed hair?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any previously relaxed hair.
5. Can you do the treatment on previously chemically treated hair?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any chemical.
6. Can you do the treatment on highlighted hair?
Yes. You can do the highlights and do the treatment right after.
7. Can you do on virgin hair?
Yes. But it wont last as long as a previously colored or chemically treated hair. space
8. Can you do the keratin treatment on children, if yes, what ages?
Yes. We recommend on children 6 and over.
9. Can I color my hair and do the treatment?
Yes. We recommend you color the hair first.
10. Can I color my hair after the treatment?
Yes. We recommend to do so only 2 weeks after you have done the treatment.
11. Can I wash my hair after the treatment, and when?
Yes, but only 4 whole days after you have done the treatment.
12. Can I wear a ponytail or tie my hair?
No, only 4 days after doing the treatment.
13. What should I do if my hair gets wet during the first 4 days?
Blow dry immediately.
14. Can I go into the pool or ocean after the treatment?
15. How long will the treatment stay on my hair?
2 months on virgin hair, and 3-4 on any other type of hair.
16. What shampoo can I use after doing the treatment?
We recommend our shampoo, because it does not contain Sodium Chloride, and it also has Keratin and UV protection.
17. Do I have to do touch-ups on my next visit or the whole head?
The whole head.
18. When should I have the keratin treatment done again?
3 months or as needed.
19. Can I do the treatment every month?
20. Should I cut my hair before the treatment?
No. we recommend cutting your hair afterwards, so this way you can trim the dead ends at the end of the treatment.
21. Can I use any hair-spray, gel, mousse, or any other hair products on my hair during the 4 day period?
22. If I get any ridges in my hair when I sleep, what should I do?
Use either a blow dryer or flat iron to straighten out the ridge in the hair.
23. Can I do the treatment while pregnant or nursing ?
It is not recommended by the FDA.
24. Can a infant be present while the keratin treatment its being done?
No. Because the smell may irritate the child.